The minor in Journalism provides an introduction to journalism areas such as writing, editing, feature writing, layout and design and related communication and media issues.
- Eligibility: Students must have a 2.0 Cumulative GPA.
- To apply: Submit the Journalism Minor Application.
- Download the Worksheet: Journalism Minor Worksheet
COMMUNICATION STUDIES MINOR
The Communication Studies program offers training in the practice and theory of communication across a variety of contexts. The coursework for the minor consists of 18 hours of coursework (6 hours of required courses and 12 hours of electives.) Students must earn a 2.0 GPA in all courses applied to the minor.
- Eligibility: Students must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA, declared major, and 45 completed credits.
- The application is open three times per year. | September 15th – October 15th| |February 15th – March 15th| | May 15th – June 15th|
- To apply: Submit the Communication Studies Minor Application. Please allow 5-7 business days for the application to be processed.
- Note regarding registration: Communication Studies minors can register for certain electives on their own, but many require authorizations. When you are declared in the minor, please be sure to request authorizations in advance, prior to the beginning of registration. You may view which course options require authorization and which do not by following the worksheet.
- Download the Worksheet: Communication Studies Minor Worksheet