DECLARE PRE-COMMUNICATION STUDIES AS A MAJOR
- Eligibility: Students must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- To apply: Submit the Pre-Communication Studies Major Application to declare Pre-Communication Studies as a major. Please allow 5-7 business days for the application to be processed.
- Once successfully declared as a Pre-Communication Studies major, students will be assigned an advisor in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Advising Center in Fretwell 235, based off of their last name.
- Pre-Communication Studies majors cannot declare the upper division of Communication Studies as a major until all introductory requirements have posted to their academic transcript.
- The pre-requisites are as follows:
Earn a Grade of C or better in
- COMM 1101 – Public Speaking
- COMM 2100 – Intro to Communication Theory (restricted to 2 attempts)
- STAT 1220 or 1222 – Intro to Statistics
- Either before or after officially declaring Communication Studies, our students must also complete a Foreign Language (Choose one of the two options):
- Students must complete an Intermediate level (2000) of a Latin-alphabet based language (ex: Spanish, French, German).
- Students must complete the 1202 level of a non-Latin alphabet based language (ex: Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew).