Meet Your Advisor
MEETING WITH YOUR ADVISOR
You may view your assigned advisor’s availability and schedule advising appointments through Connect. This is accessed through your My UNC Charlotte account. You may also email your advisor with any questions or concerns. Academic advising appointments are available during the academic year. Contact your advisor for available advising options during summer terms.
PRE-COMMUNICATION STUDIES ADVISING
If you are a Pre-Communication Studies major, you may seek advising in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Advising Center
CLAS Advising Center
Advising hours: M-F 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
COMMUNICATION STUDIES ADVISING
After you have fulfilled the pre-requisites as a Pre-Communication Studies major, you may submit the application to fully declare Communication Studies and select your track. Once you have fully declared the major, you will be assigned a new advisor within the Department of Communication Studies based on the track you choose.
While the Academic Advisor is there to help, you as a student must also accept the following responsibilities:
- Be proactive and seek advice early in the semester. Schedule appointments via Connect.
- Arrive on time for appointments with your advisor.
- Bring a list of questions for your advisor.
- Bring a printed copy of your track worksheet (accessible through the Undergraduate Program link) to each advising appointment.
- Before registration, bring an idea of a course schedule for your semester.
- Understand the role of the academic advisor (full-time professional and/or faculty).
- Become familiar with requirements for your major, minor, general education, and graduation.
- Know your current GPA, enrolled credits, and earned credit hours.
- Follow dates and deadlines on the academic calendar (Add/Drop, Withdrawal, and graduation).
- Frequently check your charlotte.edu email for official communication from the University.
- Be familiar with and utilize DegreeWorks, and the Undergraduate Catalog for academic policies, procedures, course descriptions, and requirements.
- Update your student record when necessary (e.g., change of address, phone number, etc.) using Banner Self-Service.
COMMUNICATION STUDIES ADVISORS
|Brandy Stamper||Carol Leeman||Cheryl Spainhour|
|Craig Paddock||Debbie Kilby Baker||Henrique Viana|
|Melody Dixon Brown||Nance Riffe||Robin Rothberg|
|Sandy Hanson||Sayde Brais||Tim Horne|